The planning applications submitted for development projects across the country are supported by expert advice available from our in-house planning specialists. Our Estates team includes a number of Chartered Town Planners. They are members of the Royal Town Planning Institute, and their public and private sector experience includes extensive knowledge of the planning system including the Local Development Framework process. As well as being available to ensure that NPS planning applications are of the highest quality, our specialists provide a stand-alone planning consultancy service. We work in long-term arrangements with clients, including local authorities, as well as providing these services for individual commissions.
We offer our clients practical solutions to their planning problems, and a realistic assessment of the likelihood of planning consent being granted. We pride ourselves on our professional integrity. Our advice on planning and development issues is objective and independent, and delivered in a personal way that brings an understanding of the process. The Planning system is complex, and our guidance can help clients to minimise the time and expense taken in identifying and assessing development opportunities. Our planning services include:
- Analysis of proposed sites and development plans to assess context and identify the extent of development potential within the planning regulations
- Liaising with statutory undertakers and other consultants and stakeholders to identify any relevant risks that development proposals need to address
- Preparation and submission of planning applications, and monitoring their progress through each stage of the planning process
- Preparation and submission of planning appeals, and representing our clients and planning hearings and inquiries
- Identification of land holdings and buildings that could be included in the Local Development Framework, and the associated promotion and submission of representations.
When working with our internal design teams, we seek to engage with them and other relevant stakeholders at the earliest possible stage of the project. This enables us to identify the site-specific planning constraints and play a key role in ensuring that the planning application submitted will have a high probability of success. Our high level of understanding of how to deal with local authorities and their planning committees means we can present information in the required manner.
Our planning consultancy services can be provided in discreet stages, with a fixed cost to the client at each stage. That enables clients to engage us to help them investigate ideas, while keeping their costs at a predictable level. We provide comprehensive reports with genuine advice about the way forward for their scheme.
Our NPS planners played a pivotal role in the securing the planning permission for Passivhaus scheme Carrowbreck Meadow, and received a prestigious national RTPI Award for Excellence in Planning to Deliver Housing