Our Estates team includes a number of Chartered Town Planners who are members of the Royal Town Planning Institute. Their public and private sector experience comprises extensive knowledge of the planning system including the Local Development Framework process. As well as ensuring that NPS planning applications are of the highest quality, our specialists provide a stand-alone planning consultancy service to long-term clients and individual commissions.
The Planning system is complex, and our guidance can help clients to minimise the time and expense taken in identifying and assessing development opportunities. Our planning services include:
- analysis of proposed sites and development plans to assess context and identify the extent of development potential within the planning regulations
- liaising with statutory undertakers, other consultants and stakeholders to identify any relevant risks that development proposals need to address
- preparation and submission of planning applications, and monitoring their progress through each stage of the planning process
- preparation and submission of planning appeals, and representing our clients and planning hearings and inquiries
- identification of land holdings and buildings that could be included in the Local Development Framework, and the associated promotion and submission of representations.
Our understanding of the planning system, and how to deal with local planning authorities and their committees, is pivotal in ensuring that our planning applications meet our clients aspirations.
Our NPS planners played a key role in securing the planning permission for Passivhaus scheme Carrowbreck Meadow, and received a prestigious national RTPI Award for Excellence in Planning to Deliver Housing