Our building surveyors help to ensure efficient maintenance planning, and manage planned and reactive building repair activities. We also draw upon the full range of our in-house resources to manage building refurbishment projects to a very high standard. We know what to look for to ensure that building users are safe, repairs and refurbishments are effective, and that your property portfolio is compliant with current and forthcoming legislation.
We have surveyors across the UK, many working with local authorities to maintain their property assets. Often our work is part of a service for strategic asset management, to help our clients realise the maximum value from a portfolio of the optimum size. Our background provides us with a unique understanding of the needs of public sector property asset owners. We also carry out one-off survey commissions for private sector clients.
Our audits of properties build a complete picture for assessment of function and value. We undertake the following work:
- Measured surveys — a description of the floor layout with positions of doors, windows, and building services located using a co-ordinates system.
- Block-level condition surveys — a summary of the condition of a building or other property asset.
- Room-level condition surveys — a detailed list of all the defects we find, pinpointed using the co-ordinates system of the measured survey.
- Preparation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programmes that help our clients to ensure that their properties will remain in a fully usable condition.
- Reactive maintenance management, including telephone 'helpdesks' for controlling unforeseen requests for repairs to building fabric or services.
- Management of building refurbishments. This incorporates all of our design resources including space planning, structural design, mechanical & electrical design, interior design, and energy management to improve the performance of a building.
- Accessibility surveys — identifying compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act and suggesting solutions for improvement.
- Suitability surveys — looking at buildings and rooms to identify the best usage, given the available access, parking, service routes, acoustics, etc.
- Pre-acquisition surveys and terminal dilapidation surveys — to remove ambiguity from negotiations for purchase and sale of properties.
We work alongside trusted supply chain specialists who carry out the repair, refurbishment, and specialist inspection work we specify for our clients.