We are committed to ensuring that our customers receive the best possible value for money in building design. That commitment applies equally for:
- Our own design projects, to ensure we complete within the budget
- Commissions where we manage third party costs for our customers as a stand-alone service.
We operate robust cost management processes, overseen by our experienced and chartered quantity surveyors. They provide our customers with the optimum balance between cost, time, and quality. For every large project we work on, we nominate a designated contract administrator (CA), who in most cases will also be a qualified architect. They are people who understand the philosophy of collaborative working, and from the earliest stages of a commission we ensure that all parties are acting in an integrated way. This approach eliminates 'silo' working that would otherwise waste time and money. Our range of cost management techniques and services include:
- Project cost estimation
- Whole life costing
- Value engineering
- Procurement advice for selection of contractors
- Preparation of tender documentation, including bills of quantities
- Effective post-contract cost control and final account agreement
We have a notable expertise in PFI procurement, drawn from our experience of working with PFI developers, local authorities, and the Department for Education. The efficiencies that we can generate are based on the relationships we have with our customers. In every area we operate in, our people have a deep understanding of their local market. It means we have the knowledge required to identify where cost savings can be made without sacrificing quality.