As part of our range of property services, we oversee the provision of 'hard' facilities management (FM) for our customers. FM is a package of services that includes many of the skills available from our qualified staff across the business. It includes selection and management of the contractors who work for our customers to carry out the tasks we specify. The services include:
- Planned maintenance and reactive repair of all parts of a property not already covered by our programmes for maintenance of mechanical & electrical services.
- Office reorganisation and space optimisation
- Office relocation management
- Relocation of large items of equipment
- Health & safety and fire risk audits
- Workplace risk assessments and compliance with legislation
- Disaster management planning and recovery
- Computer-aided room booking management
- Car parking management
- Landlord services
We meet the changing needs of clients through all the different stages of property ownership, enabling them to concentrate on their core activities. Our facilities management team is available to ensure the smooth completion of post-acquisition fit-out, occupancy and moving, ongoing arrangements for maintenance, and clearance before disposal. As part of a national company with a wide range of in-house expertise to draw upon, we are able to tackle the difficult tasks that lesser FM organisations would struggle with.
The sister company of NPS, Norse Commercial Services, also has a wide capability for facilities management services. Together we have a unique understanding of how to manage processes for local authority customers. Many of our FM activities require approval from a range of departments and individuals, and our customer relationships mean we know the best ways to achieve them. The ability to work in harmony with those local authority processes sets us apart from other FM providers.